A technical professional with extensive experience managing large-scale projects. Established track record of managing cross-functional teams. Served as a Project Manager for interactive media projects, overseeing two major overhauls of the corporate website. Developed on over a dozen microsites using various CMS tools. Oversaw security updates for a dozen corporate microsites including e-commerce sites generating millions of dollars in revenue per month. Managed web servers both within and outside of cloud-based environments.
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Chrome, Mac
Servers: Rackspace Cloud Servers and Cloud Sites, Windows Servers (Plex), SmarterMail Enterprise, Apache Web Servers, MySQL & MariDB, MSQL
Applications: Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia Studio, Google Office & Open Source, Trello (Agile/Kanban Methodology), Basecamp (Waterfall Methodology), Asana (Waterfall Methodology), Microsoft Project at MainLine IT
Languages: Classic ASP, PHP, HTML, JS, CSS, XML
2016 – Present
FREELANCER (DBA IT Works LLC), Green Bay, Wisconsin
Back to my roots, Freelancing and building great relationships with other small businesses!
Interactive Media Specialist (2016 – Present)
Work with a variety of Interactive Media Tools (based on client needs) with a focus on Mobile Responsive.
- WooCommerce Bookings
- Variety of Top SEO/SEM Tools
- Social Media & Google Marketing
2009 – 2016
FESTIVAL FOODS, De Pere, Wisconsin
A supermarket chain with more than 20 stores and 5,000 employees.
Website Manager (2014 – 2016)
Reporting to the IT Director. Responsible for serving as the final decision maker on interactive media projects, tasks and content. Manages internal and external teams to move million dollar projects from conception to launch. Monitors all ongoing initiatives.
- Led regular meetings for internal and external project team members to keep projects on track which minimized rework, saving time and money while achieving on-time delivery.
- Generated website analytics reports for stakeholders and performed additional research and analysis as warranted to measure ROI and meet goals.
- Monitored, documented and reported all web-related expenses across the organization which provided data necessary to stay within budget parameters; generated forecasts and analyzed inconsistencies and red flags.
- Oversaw microsite maintenance to keep sites secure and up to date with the latest technology.
- Coordinated with all third-party microsite maintenance partners.
- Updated and maintained e-commerce sites.
- Executed quality assurance testing.
- Conducted security audits.
- Led Aisle411 in-store planogram project aimed at assisting guests in finding products.
- Physically mapped in-store aisle codes with store diagram maps.
- Coordinated data exchange between internal databases and third-party vendor.
- Oversaw in-store tablet installation and reported metrics for market research.
- Led interactive media portion of new store openings, delivering against tight deadlines.
- Executed project planning for digital presence.
- Coordinated all third-party vendors connected to interactive media.
- Managed and trained internal departments on new services.
- Ran integration discovery project to optimize the organization’s ROI with a new CMS.
- Optimized online cake ordering fulfillment process for efficiency and security.
- Planned and coordinated with bakery vice presidents, directors and managers.
- Executed a 4-week project to clean up usernames and replace passwords across all stores.
- Coordinated efforts between Bakery Departments and IT to develop solutions for ELO tablet issues.
- Simplified order confirmation process to encourage more consistent execution at store level.
- Planned Rackspace Cloud Server migrations for increased scalability.
- Formulated project plan to migrate all of the organization’s passwords to a secure, cloud-based service provider.
Webmaster (2009 – 2014)
Reporting to the IT Director. Responsible for developing and maintaining the corporate website presence. Administers all aspects of cloud web hosting including backups and security audits. Proofs online advertisements for quality assurance.
- Created over a dozen microsites which eliminated the need for outsourcing, saving the organization hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Implemented tight integration with ZenDesk for the Customer Care Department which provided reporting tools as well as a platform that was more efficient for users and supported projected company growth.
- Orchestrated migration of corporate website to a third-party CMS, a multi-year, $200,000 project.
2003 – 2009
IT WORKS LLC, Green Bay, Wisconsin
A provider of IT support, application development, web design and hosting for small- to medium-sized businesses.
Responsible for all aspects of the business. Fully administers server patches, backups and security audits. Processes Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Planned, developed and implemented custom CMS solution for the second Festival Foods corporate website which led to offer of fulltime employment.
- Developed custom ASP/MSQL e-commerce solution tailored for Top-100 Award and Recognition companies in the world. Extranet also was custom developed off the same platform for companies such as Schreiber Foods and Marriott.
- Planned, optimized and implemented data pumps for more than 1,000 shared trophy catalogs.
- Migrated over 200 hosting accounts and more than 2,000 email accounts from Linux to Windows Plex Servers.
2000 – 2003
MAINLINE IT, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
A provider of IT services including web design and computer repair.
Website Backend Developer/Project Manager
Reporting to the Owner. Responsible for delivering projects to meet customer requirements. Oversees web development teams for enterprise-level applications for clients including banks, insurance and investment companies. Manages partnership with web hosting.
- Developed backend CMS/CRM for 401k and Flex Plan company out of Madison, saving the organization thousands of dollars per month in labor.
- Partnered with a design firm client to develop websites for their diverse national client base.
1991 – 2001
SMITS CREATIVE, Green Bay, Wisconsin
A family owned provider of multimedia services and mail fulfillment.
General Manager (1999 – 2001)
Reporting to the President and Vice President. Responsible for managing Prepress, Design and Website Departments. Handles accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
Website Developer/Server Administrator (1995 – 1999)
Reporting to the President and Vice President. Responsible for administering server patches, backups and security audits. Also maintains thousands of email accounts on Linux mail server.
- Served as Senior Developer for over 100 websites; migrated more than 100 websites from third-party hosts and made necessary code modifications to run under the organization’s hosting environment.
- Built Redhat Linux servers from the ground up for web hosting, providing a steady revenue stream.
- Led acquisition of a medium-sized web hosting company.
Prepress Specialist (1991 – 1995)
Reporting to the President and Vice President. Responsible for preflighting PC and Mac documents created in QuarkXPress, PageLines, InDesign, CorelDraw, Microsoft Word and WordPerfect. Calibrates color for both electronic and traditional proofing systems. Performs manual prepress color trapping off nontraditional document formats; rips and processes to film and direct to plate.